Breakthrough Nutrition U is a group setting designed to help athletes learn about how nutrition affects overall health, and the role it plays in athletic performance. This group experience allows athletes to recieve personalized attention and plans at a more economical cost.
Features of the Program Include:
- 3 Classes covering performance based nutrition
- Personalized Whole Food Nutrition Plan
- Personalized Training & Race Day Nutrition Plan
- 1 bag of NBS Hydration - 40 servings
- 1 bag of NBS Recovery
Class Dates & Times:
More info coming soon.
Class 1 - Basic Nutrition Understanding:
- Define macronutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- Define micronutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Discuss the importance of consuming nutrient dense foods for a balanced diet.
- Identify sources of optimal carbohydrates.
- Identify sources of optimal protein.
- Identify sources of optimal fat.
- Discuss the processing of foods and the effect that can have on one’s diet.
- Analyze nutrition labels for the purposes of identifying acceptable sources of nutrients.
- Compose a nutrient-dense eating plan to support personal goals.
- Examine sample food logs to identify both problem areas and optimal eating patterns.
Class 2 - Nutrient Metabolism and Athletic Performance
- Discuss the importance of nutrient dense foods for the recovery and stability of the body on a cellular level – highlighting the importance of essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals for the growth and function of each type of cell.
- Discuss the importance of proper hydration in conjunction with electrolyte balance for athletic performance.
- Discuss sweat test protocols in helping determine hydration needs in various environments and conditions to analyze water loss for computing a race hydration/nutrition plan.
- Discuss the progression of the body’s fuel sources over the course of an endurance athletic event – the depletion of glycogen and increased fat metabolism.
- Discuss fueling protocols for pre, during and after training and racing.
- Analyze and compare sports nutrition products to identify the best fuel sources suited to a variety of goals.
- Compose a race nutrition plan to support personal goals.
- Examine food logs to ensure nutrition parallels personal goals.
Class 3 - Nutrition Topics in Today’s World:
- Discuss various nutrition philosophies such as carb loading, ketosis, vegetarian/veganism, paleo, raw foods, etc.
- Discuss hot topics such as intermittent fasting, juicing, detoxification, etc.
- Tweak and analyze whole food nutrition plans.
- Tweak and analyze training and racing nutrition plans.